Online Privacy Notice
Effective Date: September 3, 2019
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information users of our Site and customers in Stores submit include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, telephone number and email address)
- Date of birth and anniversary date
- Login credentials for the Site
- Payment information (such as payment card details) and
- Purchase and transaction information
Giving your personal information is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with this information, we may not be able to provide you with our goods and services, fulfil your requests, or respond to your inquiries.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS
Our Site also uses third-party plug-ins for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. The providers of these plug-ins may collect your data using automated means when you interact with them. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information described above to:
- Provide products and services
- Create and manage your account
- Process your payment
- Respond to your inquiries
- Perform data analyses (including anonymizing and aggregation of personal information)
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services
- Enhancing and improving our products and services
- Managing our communications
- Analyzing our products and services (performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- To protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities
- To the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent where required, send you catalogs and other promotional materials, and communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
To the extent permitted by applicable law and with your consent where required, we also use information collected through automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Site, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Site, and (iii) managing our Site and other aspects of our business. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we also may use this information to provide you with ads about our products when you browse this and other websites.
You may see our ads on other websites based on your visits to the Site because we engage in retargeting. For example, if you view a particular product on the Site, you may see an ad for that product on a third-party website. Our retargeting activities are handled by service providers that anonymously track your activity on the Site and third-party sites (using automated means such as cookies). Accordingly, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we and our service providers may collect information about our visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites. To learn how to opt out of retargeting, click here
Our Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
Nightriderjewelry.com does not and will not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances: We will share your Personal Information with third party partners to help us use your Personal Information, as described above.
We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of nightriderjewelry.com under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help us communicate with you, such as via email. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information and are bound by the same privacy rules and certified compliant.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government entities, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
To the extent required by applicable law, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the How to Contact Us section below.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice. To the extent provided by the law of your jurisdiction, you may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us as indicated below. Where provided by law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the Site to countries other than the country in which the information originally was collected, including to the United States. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Online Privacy Notice.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide on the Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked sites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
UPDATES TO OUR ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Online Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices, indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated, and/or take any further action required by law.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Site is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 (or other relevant age, as applicable, pursuant to relevant law) through our websites and apps. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under such age, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If you believe that a child under such age may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as specified below.
EUROPEAN UNION PRIVACY
If you are a resident of the European Union (EU), the following EU-specific provisions apply to our processing of your personal information (i.e., personal data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) in lieu of the relevant sections of the Online Privacy Notice:
- We will collect the following categories of personal information through the Site: contact information you have provided us; date of birth or anniversary date, your login credentials (if you have registered with us); personal information found in content you provide; and traffic data via automated means of processing (such as cookies).
- We will process the information described above to provide products and services; create and manage your account; send you catalogs and other promotional materials; communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, offers, surveys and market research; respond to your inquiries; perform data analyses (including web analytics); operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions); protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies; customize your visits to the Site; and deliver content (including advertising) tailored to your interests.
- We use the information listed above in accordance with our legitimate business interests, in the interests of performing a contract with you, to comply with applicable legal obligations or with your consent to the processing (where required), which you may withdraw at any time.
- We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the Site to countries outside of the EU that may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will safeguard that information as described in this Online Privacy Notice.
- We retain your personal information as long as needed for the purposes for which we obtained it, which generally means for the duration of our relationship or as long as you keep your account open with us, plus a reasonable period to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period or to comply with mandatory applicable law.
- Only authorized personnel of NightRider Jewelry, its affiliates and our service providers will have access to your personal information.
- We will not share your personal information with any third parties (such as database providers) for those third parties to market their products or services to you without your consent.
- Some of our staff members (including our IT and marketing personnel) and our service providers are located in the United States. They will have access to your information for global customer relationship management purposes or to perform services for the company.
- We require our service providers to process personal information only in accordance with our instructions and to ensure the security of the information.
- In accordance with the GDPR, you have the right to access your personal information, to have your information rectified or deleted, and to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information. You also have the right to receive, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, the personal information that you have provided to us about you, with your consent or based on a contract to which you are party. You have the right to have this information transmitted to another company, where it is technically feasible. You also may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority if you are not satisfied with our responses.
- To exercise your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
426 N. Austin Drive
Chandler, AZ 85226
We use the following categories of cookies on our Site:
- Essential Cookies
These cookies are essential to use and navigate our Site. Essential cookies help us collect information, such as your session ID and other server information, that enables us to authenticate users.
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies collect information about your choices or remember your preferences so we can show you relevant content. They allow us to identify your location and remember your language during a browsing session.
- Analytics Cookies
We use analytics cookies to collect information on how users navigate and use our Site, such as the pages they view, how long they stay on a page and whether the page is displayed correctly or whether errors occur. Some of these cookies are provided by third-party analytics providers, including Google Analytics. For more information about these third-party providers’ cookies, please click on the links below.
For convenience, we have provided links below to the cookie management instructions for popular web browsers:
If you would like to opt out of third-party cookies relating to interest based advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices or www.aboutads.info. Note that opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. Opting out of cookies and data collection from one browser, device or app will not necessarily opt you out of collection from all browsers, devices or apps.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Online Privacy Notice, would like to exercise your rights, or you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact Senior Manager of Customer Care by email at email@example.com. You also may write to:
426 N. Austin Drive
Chandler, AZ 85226